Monday, February 16, 2015

Olympus Sashiko #211: Waves

Olympus Sashiko #211 : waves

Wow!  Thank you for all of your kind words about my promotion!!!   You are as excited about it as I am!

To answer a few questions:
1.  What does "ERA" in my title stand for?
I enjoyed your guesses--it's Electronic Research Administration.  My previous title was ERA Manager and my new title is Senior ERA Manager.   If you want to know more about my day job, it's explained here.

2.  Will I still have time for sewing?
YES!  Thankfully the answer is yes.  I'm done working nights and weekends for a long long time.  Now I just work in my own sweatshop on weekends, my sewing room, ha ha.
20150116_234330
Speaking of which...the sashiko.   I started this one to relieve stress a few weekends ago.

I used variegated pink and white thread, Olympus #53.

Olympus Sashiko #211 : waves
Compared to the colorful daisies, it stitched up *really* fast.

20150116_234349

I'm kind of on the fence about this one.  Maybe next time I will try alternating rows of pink and white instead of the variegated thread?
Olympus Sashiko #211 : waves

If anything I have learned how to spell variegated.

Olympus Sashiko #211 : waves
Blink and it's done!

I'm nearing completion of another sashiko piece--it's colorful like the daisies!

In my head I have my whole day planned out tmw with a mixture of stitching, sewing and chores, as it was looking like it might snow enough to close work--but now it is looking somewhat unlikely.  Delayed opening?  Maybe?

Be well!

6 comments:

  1. I missed your post about your promotion but congratulations you deserve the very best Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sashiko piece. You are at a great time in your life, aren't you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still quite stressful, but I'm definitely feeling creative, and there is some time and space for that.

      Delete
  3. I like the variegated pink.....After you do the shashiko....can you use it to make a garment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could use it to make a garment if I planned it well enough! :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.